Thursday, January 24, 2008

Get Fuzzyness


I am very endeared to my friend who got me Bucky Katt's Big Book of Fun; a compilation of comics from my favorite strip, "Get Fuzzy", by Darby Conley. I can't even begin to describe how the bizarreness of this strip touches me. It is that odd, nameless, shiny quality that attracts me like a magpie... The same quality I've found in Story People, and my beloved Pratchett books. But of course, "Get Fuzzy" has animals in it. The cantankerous cat, the loving (if clueless) dog, their hapless owner... It's like "Garfield" all gone wrong. It's delicious. I'm sure many of you are fans too.

So I was having trouble getting to sleep one night last week; I decided I felt like drawing something. I looked over at my cat- sleeping peacefully on my bed- and I looked over at my desk with the Get Fuzzy book, and I had an idea... Above of course, you see the outcome. I had wondered what my cat Jeanie might look like, had she stepped into the "Get Fuzzy" world. Now I know. And I'm sure she'd give Bucky a run for his money...

1 comment:

mel said...

Hahaha! Simply purrfect!