Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloweekend!

Casper thinks it is hard work, living in this cushy manner....

Happy November, everyone!

Gosh, I still can't believe the year has come this far! I vividly remember it being January... Anyhow, I hope y'all had a fun and safe Halloween weekend. I sure did! Yes, it was filled with more play than work, I'm afraid, but I did manage to get some stuff done. I went down on Friday to visit Joanie of Pour Horse Pottery to do a little playing in the mud there, and a lot of petting of her American Eskimo dogs! I was working on a project which shall soon be revealed... ;) Saturday evening found me down in Old Town San Diego with Joanie's cousin (my old roommate) and friends. So many cute little trick-or-treaters were down at the shops in their adorable costumes! Sunday- well, I didn't get any work done at all. I went down to my friend's "Marie Antoinette Tea" at the wonderful Tea Upon Chatsworth down in Point Loma. In a borrowed 18th century gown, I foofed up my hair in a big wig, and dined upon scones with pumpkin-cream sauce, other delectables, and three kinds of tea. The San Diego Costumer's guild was there, so everyone looked wonderful in their 1700's attire. Here's a pic of us all- we were quite the sight to the 'modern' tea-drinkers!


I did manage to get some ceramic stuff attended to, after I got home yesterday. One of the projects I was working on was a set of bonsai pots for the upcoming GSBF Bonsai Show. I have a neighbor, Jim Barrett, who is a long time bonsai potter, and I occasionally paint some of the pots he makes, to sell at shows. It is a fun diversion from the horses! So, some of the pots pictured below (along with a few others I painted earlier) will go to the show to be sold along with Jim's regular pots. He does some neat work, and is known for his tiny pots (some smaller than the size of toothpaste caps!). Fun stuff!


Okay- back to work! I've a lot to do today, and hopefully I'll be able to share some of it with you soon!

No comments: