Monday, April 28, 2008

The Birds


Ah- spring is in full swing here in sunny, Southern CA (actually, with the weather we've been having the past few days, it might as well be summer!). The flowers are blooming, the bees are buzzing, the birds are singing, and squawking, and yowling... Yes, there's a new species of bird moved into the neighborhood this year... the Peacock. We have always had some of them nearby- my house is close to a botanical garden, but they always stayed in other neighborhoods. But not this year. This year, they are definitively here. Not that I mind too much- but it is amusing. They add a unique soundtrack to my workday. And I certainly don't mind looking out the window to catch one of these beautiful birds, now and then. I don't think too many of the neighbors are of my opinion- I guess they have more flowers in their yards to be eaten. But hearing them day after day now, I thought they were definitely a blog worthy subject... So, what are the sounds of spring in your neighborhoods?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love playing with Peacocks....if you "call" back to them, sometimes you can have a whole conservation with them....which totally bugs my hubby only because he does not sound like a peacock!!!! Lucky you! Great photo!

We have lots of song birds, don't know all of them by name but the sounds are just lovely early in the morning. I think we might have an owl too....I've only heard the humming call in the evening and the bunnies seem to go into hiding early.

~Heather
Yucaipa, Cali