Friday, November 21, 2008

Tis' the Season!


To support the Red Cross! While they're still reeling from hurricane season, CA wildfires & such, I doubly have reason to support them, as my mom works for them as a Program Service Director in charge of Health & Safety and Disasters! So, to do my part to help my hometown chapter that she works for, I've created & donated a lovely wreath for the upcoming winter season- it is going to go in the silent auction of their annual fundraising event tomorrow night. I call it "Winterbird Wreath", and it came out well, so I thought I'd share. It is a natural grapevine wreath, with ribbons, "berries", a shimmery poinsettia, and hand-painted wooden bird cut outs. Here are some close-ups of the birds:



Hopefully it will do well & go home with some happy community member. And I know the money will be put to good use in helping people. Never before have I seen so many homes lost here, than in this past set of fires- around 800, I last heard. If you are interested in supporting the Red Cross, you can contribute to their Natural Disaster Relief fund here. If anything, I know all would appreciate your prayers & good thoughts. Thanks!

No comments: