Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I heart Terry Pratchett


Or at least his writing! Haven't met the man personally... I can't tell you how many of his books I've read- just about all I suppose, but not quite. Anywho, those who are familiar with his "Discworld" series know it contains a fabulous cast of characters. One of my favorites is a werewolf named Angua who is on the city night watch. Just today I came across a contest on Pratchett's publisher's site with a contest challenging fans to draw their favorite character. I couldn't resist, and thus I am submitting this sketch. I set out to make her rather tough looking- as this is the facade the character tries to maintain. Yet, she looks rather vulnerable in this drawing; much as official artist Paul Kidby usually depicts her. Guess that's the way she's meant to be...

2 comments:

mel said...

Have you read Making Money yet? I have it on the way from Amazon and I am so excited! He was in town yesterdy for the National Book Fair and was doing signings, but as much as I would have liked to get something signed, I went to play miniature golf with friends instead; there really is no choice between an autograph and a friend!

Adalee said...

Hi Mel!

Sorry it took me so long to respond! I have not yet read "Making Money". I still need to read "Thud!"! I am behind... And yes, friends are better than autographs. Still, I hope both of us have a chance to see Mr. Pratchett in person someday!