Friday, January 30, 2009

A Pleasant Morning


Happy Friday! I'm very happy that I forced myself to get going early this morning, so I could go sculpt at the track. What a pleasant place to work! Well, it helps that I got to enjoy a warm CA winter morning. It was in the 50's when I took off on my bike for the track, but warmed up quickly to the 70's by the time I left. And such sunny clear skies... I am truly spoiled! Anyhow, good weather aside, the best part about working at the track was of course all of the live models! And handily enough, they run in both directions in the morning, enabling me to work on both sides of my sculpture. They move fast, but luckily there are enough horses out there to catch glimpses of the muscle groups I'm working on at any particular moment. Though today I was concentrating on getting the overall shape right, particularly the hindquarters. I know I have loads of work left to do on the legs & hooves- my TB's just aren't dainty enough! It amazes me just how refined they are... Anyhow, it is nice to have such a great source of inspiration nearby; I am very blessed. It's given me a good amount of enthusiasm to get it done. I'm starting to be able to see more shiny goodness down the road...!

No comments: